Thursday 9 August 2012

Why I keep on Target

Isn't it annoying how 106 episodes are missing? Or how watching the episodes that remain won't give you an intimate view of characters? This is why I like to read the Target novelizations.

You can even read the books that Target or Virgin did not publish. City Of Death, The Pirate Planet, Resurrection and Revelation of the Daleks and Shada can be found at http://nzdwfc.tetrap.com/, so if you are able to, you can read from an Unearthly Child all the way to Survival. These books are a great way to see whats going on in all stories, missing episodes or not. For example, in The Doomsday Weapon (based on Colony In Space, DW fans), you hear how Dent got to wherever the story was set. You read how IMC played a huge role in his life, and how he came to owe much to IMC. Another Target novel that is well written is The Twin Dilemma. Regeneration explanation aside, the history of the machine that saves the Doctor and Peri is very funny. It was designed by someone with an eternal hangover from a habit of binge drinking. He realized that a same place teleporter could hold the hangover at bay. He spent the money on this discovery on, surprise, more booze and went into the machine. He used it, and turned into a giant booze bottle. His guests emptied him in no time at all. It is moments like these that make me want to read more, in hopes that there are more moments like that.

I will keep you up to date with all the books I have read. Right now, I am reading Tomb Of The Cybermen featuring the Second Doctor, Jamie and Victoria "Never Vic" the screamer. I list of what I have read so far will pop up soon.

And yes, I know that I got the name of this post from a DVD documentary series.

No comments:

Post a Comment